DZA Altenburg increases productivity with investment in new technology with an integrated system of the Meccanotecnica Group
The Altenburg Printing Works looks back on over 400 years of tradition. It was founded in 1594 by Duke Friedrich Wilhelm of Saxony as the “Fürstlich Sächsischen Officin” in the Hartenfels castle near Torgau.
Nearly four centuries later, the transition to offset printing led to the founding of a new printing house under the name DZA Druckerei zu Altenburg GmbH. The first automatic book sewing machine was put into operation in 1996, an Aster 2000 from Meccanotecnica.
Two decades later, the time had come for a replacement investment. The new solution had to primarily support the positioning of the house as a fully-integrated printing and binding company - from the data to the finished book. Focal points are art and architecture books, but also other genres, with always high quality in mind.